At our practices we thoroughly examine your eyes. All of our optometrists are qualified and registered with the General Optical Council. Your eye test will include
- History and Symptoms establishing your visual problems or symptoms you may be experiencing
- Your medical history as medical conditions and medications can affect your eyes
- Family Medical History as certain eye conditions can be passed down the generations
Visual Efficiency and prescription analysis
- Your unaided vision is measured
- Your vision in your current spectacles is measured
- A new prescription is determined and any visual improvement is established
- The co-operation between your eyes is assessed
Your Eye Health Check
- The front of your eye is examined
- The lens of your eye is examined
- The retinal arteries, veins and nerves are examined
- The above acts as a screening for cataract, glaucoma, macular degeneration and diabetic eye disease.
- Subject to your optometrist’s opinion, additional tests may be undertaken, for example, measurement of eye pressure, visual field assessment, colour vision assessment.
Perhaps most importantly at the end of the examination, time is allocated for advice about your eyes to be given, for any questions you may have to be fully answered and for a full explanation of the benefits for you of the optometrist’s advice. Our clients tell us how much they value the time we spend with them and the reassurance this provides.